How to Refund on Honeybook Client Management Software
So, you probably have been using Honeybook to streamline your business processes, but are you familiar with how to refund on Honeybook? We understand that no one loves giving refunds. But you have to accept that they’re part of doing business.
Sometimes, issuing refunds means incurring additional costs, for example, in the form of transaction costs. Other times, it means tracking how much each person who needs the refunds has to receive. All that work could be tedious.
Luckily enough, Honeybook has everything under one roof. If you have been wondering what the process of issuing a refund on Honeybook is, we’re ready to answer that question below.
Advantages of Using Honeybook to Issue Refunds
Before we give you the step-by-step for how to refund on Honeybook, here are some advantages you stand to enjoy when using this client management software to issue refunds:
- Honeybook is a secure platform
Its owners partner with Plaid, a third-party system that uses end-to-end data encryption to ensure the safety of your information.
- Zero transaction costs on refunded payments
If the money you wish to refund has already been transferred to your bank account, Honeybook will collect the funds from the account at no transaction fees.
- Minimal processing time
Credit card refunds take 3-10 business days while ACH refunds take 7-14 business days to reflect on the clients’ accounts.
The 9 Steps of Issuing a Refund on Honeybook
Now that you are in the loop about why you should consider using Honeybook to issue refunds, here is how to refund on the CRM.
- On Honeybook’s homepage, navigate to the project on which you’ll be issuing the refund. You can do this by using the search button to identify a specific project. Alternatively, you can click the projects button to review your full list of projects.
- Once you’ve located and opened your project, select the payments tab for a quick view of all the payments for that project. Alternatively, you can locate a specific invoice or proposal that contains the payment through your files tab.
- From within the payments or file tab, find the payment you’d like to refund and click on the 3-dot icon beside it.
- From the menu that pops up, select full or partial refund.
- A refund amount field will pop up and this is where you enter the dollar amount that you’d like to refund.
- Click on ‘Connect Bank Account’ if you haven’t yet linked a bank account that you’ve designated for refunds.
- If you’re connecting your bank account for the first time, select your financial institution from the provided list. Alternatively, you may use the search bar to find it.
- Follow the steps and complete the online login for your bank.
- Once the process of connecting to your bank is complete, the software will take you back to the refund screen. Double-check that the amount you’re refunding is correct. Once you are ready, click the refund button.
Instances When a Refund Cannot be Issued
Yes, there are instances when a refund cannot be issued. And you probably should know about them. So that you’re not flustered when trying Honeybook to do it. A refund cannot be issued via the platform:
- When 90 days have elapsed since an ACH payment was made. This is unlike credit card payments that may be refunded at any time.
- When a file is expired.
- If the payment was made outside of Honeybook and manually marked as paid. Nevertheless, you can manually mark those payments as refunded if you issued the refund outside of Honeybook for record-keeping purposes.
- When a file is in draft mode. In this case, you can either resend the file with the edits you’ve made before refunding. Alternatively, you can delete the current draft file using the trash can in the draft drop-down menu.
Need More Help Issuing Refunds through Honeybook?
Honeybook is client management software that helps you seamlessly manage various aspects of your business. And you can use it to issue refunds using the above steps. If you still need further help navigating the issue of refunds, get in touch now and we’ll be happy to assist!